Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Eyes

When I see her staring back at me,
I see the spray of waves.
I see the sea foam grain,
It melts into the trees,
The lines in my irises.
When I see the forest of lashes,
I see the eyes that make me...me.
I watch the darkness and light creep.
I close them...I open them...
I see the tears build the sea when i stare.
Piercing in the reflection,
Begging for someone to realize.
I see the creases when I laugh.
I close my eyes and welcome the darkness again.

3 comments:

  1. I love the color of your eyes!
    I also love the line, "I see the tears build the sea when i stare."
    That was a very nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 + 1 = 9

    Nice poem and very nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete